Travel Grooming Essentials For Cancún, Mexico
After picking out a travel ensemble for Cancún and your travel bag and other accessories, grooming selections are next. Opt for products that’ll leave you fresh and ready with light scents for your days and nights out. They are also under 3.4 ounces:
- Fresh Shave – The Art of Shaving offers a full shave kit with a pre-shave oil, shaving cream and after-shave balm that is able to give you the same experience as at home with its travel-sized Pure Badger Brush. Leaves you with a nice close shave for your day at the beach or night out on Cancún’s bustling Hotel Zonera, and the unscented option is always a good choice to not interfere with the scent from your fragrance and other grooming products. ($175)
- Clean Face – Ursa Major‘s face wash will give your face a good cleaning and leave bright and clearer skin as it removes oil and grime, dissolves dead surface skin cells and clears blocked pores. Scent features cedar, spearmint and lime. ($10)
- A Light Fragrance – Lacoste Eau De Lacoste L.12.12 Green features a classic, clean and cool fruit-woodland scent with notes of grapefruit, thyme, fig and sandalwood and fig. ($32)
- To Keep Hair In Check – Billy Jealousy has introduced a new styling mud that works with wet or dry hair, leaves a strong hold with a light shine finish, and has an herbal scent ($16).
- Lip Care – TURO Skin‘s protective lip balm goes further than your usual drugstore chapstick and has the added benefits anti-aging and antioxidant properties. Also is SPF 15 with a peppermint scent. ($10)
Outfit: Cancún Style, From Land To The Caribbean Sea
While in Mexico for the Cancún-Riviera Maya Wine & Food Festival this year, I had some down time for some much need style posts. Shot on the beach of the Moon Palace, a tee and shorts outfit is something that can be enjoyed both at your resort or by the beach. To add a little stylish flair, lightly layer with a short sleeve linen shirt (this one from Perry Ellis). Then to make a personal statement, talk with your accessories.
The Coach Bleecker Day Tote In Bar Stripe Leather makes a refined, yet colorful statement with the sky blue stripes, and then can glow with gold aviators (this fashionable performance pair is Under Armour UA Alloy). For footwear, if you’re not doing sandals go for printed espadrilles like this navy, cloud-turtle design from Sperry Top-Sider as an alternative to florals and tropical plants.
Cancún-Riviera Maya Wine & Food Festival 2014 Photo Diary
Fresh from Cancun, I had the pleasure in attending the third edition of the Cancún-Riviera Maya Wine & Food Festival. Over the course of four days across seven different resorts, attendees could partake in events such as the conference series (which featured renowned New York-based, French chef Daniel Boulud who talked about his inspiring career path and about the future of cuisine), tastings of wine and spirits from California, Argentina and of course Mexico, and countless delicious and beautifully displayed bites from all over the world to fill everyone’s culinary curiosity.
The Gourmet Tasting Village at Moon Palace was the place to be for two days of Mexican cuisine from local restaurants (such as La Casa del Agua, Cocina de Autor and Alquimia), resorts (such as Palace Resorts, Le Blanc, ME and Nizuc), the local culinary school (El Instituto Culinario de Cancún) and food and drink brands. While I couldn’t bring back the food with me (if only!), I was able to snap hundreds of photos. Get a food porn photo sampling below of the tasty goodies at this year’s CRM Wine & Food Festival:
Oasis Sens – Gays Up Cancun & Moves Past Spring Break
Forget what comes to mind right away when you think about this coastal Mexicana retreat off the Caribbean Sea. For years MTV—back when shows did not focus on teenage pregnancies and music video ruled the tube—portrayed Cancun as party central 24/7, showcasing the flocks of spring breakers. While that ‘party like there’s no tomorrow’ mindset does exist at the end of February and March during peak season of college visitors, they are not everywhere.
My recent journey to the tropical destination proved that the spring break scene only exists if you go looking for it. If you’re partying leans toward that of the gay variety, you’re in the clear, as the gay downtown scene was filled with locals and various traveling gays who are were not as rambunctious as your typical college boys and girls.
While downtown Cancun has most of the gay clubs, many come for fun in the sun at oceanfront stays. Leading a new gay hotel revolution of the sorts is the freshly renovated and rebranded Oasis Sens from the Oasis Hotels family, a chain of ten hotels and resorts in Cancun.