Whether its Christmas or another occasion you might find yourself needing to get a last-minute gift card for, forget about getting one to Starbucks or a department store. Make it a little more personal and pick up one for a digital service (or service thats started online) that the person either hasn’t tried before and could be into or that you know they’ll love. Five different online services to give: Read the rest of this entry
With Christmas a few days away, you may still be looking for last gifts for those your list this holiday season. Fragrances, shaving products and bath sets are always good last minute gifts for any occasion since they’re very accessible and there’s such a large number of options to choose from. On the other hand, if you’re done with your holiday shopping you might be looking to use any gift cards you’ve received this season or to restock your grooming cabinet for the new year.
Whether you’re looking for a gift for someone or want to pick up new treats for yourself, or both, see a collection of men’s grooming items that’ll help kick off the new year with a great start:
Birchbox Man and Cool Hunting have teamed up and released a limited edition box of summer goodies. Among the items is Grady’s Cold Brew Bean Bags, which got me thinking of how I’m one of the few people I know who does need to drink coffee every morning, but when I do enjoy some it’s almost always iced. I’m glad to have received this box to try out a new favorite blend to up my coffee game.
When packing for a long trip that will last six days or more, it’s important to bring along grooming products that would be most essential to save on luggage space. While you can of course buy anything else you’d need during your travels, the following should be enough for most essential (and basics) needs while leaving you ready for each day: Read the rest of this entry
Never know what to pack when you have a last minute trip? Well while getting ready to go down to Florida for a quick weekend at the swanky, luxurious W Fort Lauderdale (travel tip: you have to check out its Living Room and eat brunch at STEAK 954 for the homemade pop tarts), I had the very same dilemma. After thinking about it and looking through my grooming drawer (ok drawers), I decided the following five types of products are musts for any last minute getaway or business trip:
- Daily Face Moisturizing Cream – You should have a moisturizing cream you use each day, and travel should no be excuse to slack. Make sure to have travel size of your favorite. My personal pick is Aesop’s Mandarin Facial Hydrating Cream. It smells like citrus and lemon cream heaven, and it’s great to live-in up normal or combination skin. ($49)
- A Good Deodorant – This should be a given of course, but doesn’t hurt to remind. For a classy deodorant, and if you ever get a chance to pick one up in London’s Covent Garden, Penhaligon’s Sartorial Deodorant just sounds better than your drug store pickup. It smells like a dapper lad would, and offers traditional notes of oakmoss, tonka bean and lavender mixed with woods, leather, violet leaf, honey and spices. ($30)
- Your Favorite Pomade – Always keep your hair in check and test out different stylers to find your favorite. I’m currently obsessed with Hanz De Fuko’s Modify Pomade, which helps you do exactly that, modify your hair as needed after you apply to your wet or dry hair. Gives medium hold with a slight shine, and I came across it through Birchbox Man. ($18)
- An All Occasion Scent – There are number of scents to pick from, one of your go-tos should be a scent that can work for any occasion. Hugo Boss just released its new Boss Bottled Unlimited fragrance, which features vibrant green notes of violet leaves, pineapple, sandalwood and musk. ($75)
- Lip Care – Chapped and dry lips aren’t cute, so always have a lip balm handy. Another Birchbox discovery, dr. dewy Lip Cure is a lip serum with organic makeup of indgredints like shea butter and coconut oil to keep the lips hydarted, and tamnui oil and vitamin E to heal and protect. ($30)