When packing for international travel, especially if you are dealing with time zone changes, it’s important to pack products with you that you are familiar with and helpful with the climate and time changes: Read the rest of this entry
Recently down in Curacao for South Caribbean Pride, it felt like no better time for a grooming essentials post on what you’ll need to be ready for summer, and also for what to bring if you’re planning a trip around any pride events or day/pool parties:
- Trim – Have a travel friendly trimmer with you for any rogue hairs. The Micro Touch Max Personal Hair Trimmer is an inexpensive trimmer that can take care of any unwanted facial, eyebrow, body or nose hairs, and has a built in light if needed. ($15)
- Be Fresh – ManCave Natural Grooming’s Deodorant is an eco-friendly, aluminum-free liquid deodorant that is easily applied and controlled by an on/off switch and will keep you fresh for a full day. ($13)
- Treat Yo Self – Feel good and get some lovely skin to turn heads with GlamGlow’s ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment. Use overnight or just 20 minutes during the day, the hydration mask mositurizes and replenishes your skin, and leaves you with a silky, reenergized feeling. ($69)
- To Keep The Hair In Check – Star Wax Premium Pomade in Clay uses a blend of jojoba, borage, primrose and Dead Sea mud for a strong hold with a matte finish that is easy to rinse off when your day/night is done. ($40)
- For The Sun – Epicuren’s Zinc Oxide Perfecting Sunscreen helps fight off sunburn and sun poisoning with it is SPF 27 level and zinc oxide property. It’s also fragrance free, leaving you to add a nice scent. ($50)
- A Sexy Scent – Top it all off with a scent others will love. Giorgio Armani’s Armani Code brought me complements from all over with its combo of bergamot and lemon with hints of orange tree blossom, warmed wood and tonka bean. ($65)
After picking out a weekend travel ensemble for Cartagena, your bag and other accessories to bring along, grooming is the next step. Cartagena is surrounded by the Caribbean waters, so sweat, the heat and hair tangles were kept in mind when selecting the following. They are also also under 3.4 ounces:
Weekend Travel Grooming Essentials:
- Fight Odors – Dove Men+Care Antiperspirant, for 48-hour odor and wetness protection that’ll come in handy with any flight transfers and the humidity ($6).
- To Cool Off – Epicuren Colostrum Hydrating Mist, a refreshing mist with life-supporting immune factors, growth factors, amino acids and nutrients ($36).
- A Light Fragrance – Lacoste Eau De Lacoste L.12.12 Blanc, woodland fruit scent that’s one of my personal favorites ($39).
- To Keep Hair In Check – Leonor Greyl Eclat Naturel, smooth and light styling cream for dry hair that reconditions and detangles ($46).
- For Tired Eyes – Clinique Men’s Anti-Fatigue Cooling Eye Gel, hide the evidence of any wild nights (or red eye flights) with this roll-on that brightens tired-looking eyes by combating puffiness and dark circles ($28).
Tell us some of your weekend grooming essentials in the comments below Read the rest of this entry
Traveling can be stressful at times, which not only takes a toll on our minds, but can negativity affect our skin as well. One way to fight back to you keep the skin healthy is to use a moisturizer, but why just pick up a random bottle from the drug store when you can get quality that has added benefits.
I stumbled upon Epicuren Discovery, a skin treatment brand from California that offers an array of enzyme and propolis based skin care and spa products. The core of its line is based around Epicuren’s own enzyme protein complex, Metadermabolic, which encourages the skin to self-rejuvenate through a combination of a waterborne solution of B Vitamins. Epicuren describes this process to be like aerobic exercises supporting our metabolism.
After looking through the catalog of products, I tried out ones that seemed best suited for men. With new, smaller sizes released this year, I’ve selected four different products that will not only are the perfect travel size, but each are great for all skin types and offer aid to different parts of your journey (pictured from left to right):