How to Combat Hat Hair (Plus an Old Spice Swagger Giveaway)
Hat hair is the worst! However, there are a few ways to prep your hair before putting a hat on and also a few things you can do to deal with the issue. Check out some tips below, plus an Old Spice giveaway that will give you the tools you need (plus a new hat).
In partnership with Old Spice, Celebrity Groomer Benjamin Thigpen has provided his hair combatting tips below:
- Start with Old Spice Swagger Gel – Simply apply a small amount (no more than nickel size) to your fingertips and rub together before applying to the hat line.
- Keep it Dry – Make sure your hair is completely dry and styled before wearing the hat. Otherwise, your hair will flatten and take the hat’s shape when wet.
- Hat Indentation Quick Fix – Use your fingertips to press and start rubbing the hat line out. Think of your fingertips as an eraser!
- Water Works – In a pinch and without product? Wet your hands with water and flick excess off. Start with a small amount because you can’t unwet your hair. Remember, it’s just a quick touch up!
- Hats Off to Hats – Many guys wear hats on a daily basis, and hats can also be cleverly used as a styling tool. They work great to bring down hair volume, or to help keep Swagger-styled hair in place from home to your destination.
Want to put these tips to the test? Enter the upcoming #Smellegendary giveaway, which includes the new Old Spice Swagger Gel, the Pomade, the Steel Courage 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner, an Old Spice Beanie, and a $25 online gift card for Lids for you to pick up a new hat.
Visit and like this Instagram post to enter. Contest ends Friday.