American Airlines Offering up to 2,000 Miles for Award Flight Travel
As we carefully return to air travel and quarantine requirements for visiting certain states start to lessen (California was recently removed from PA, NY, NJ and CT’s affected state list), you might be thinking about a fall getaway. To get you going, American Airlines is offering bonus miles for booking and travel on award flights for the month of October.
From Oct. 1 to 31, 2020 travelers can earn 250 bonus miles for each award flight flown up to 2,000 total bonus miles. Normally, when flying an award flight, no miles are earned. So if you’re itching to getaway this fall and have AAdvantage miles to use, it’s a great chance to cash in while getting some miles in return. Advance registration online is required, which is open now until Oct. 7.
American says they are also adding new nonstop destinations and special deals for 3-day weekend trips between Oct. 8 and 12. While looking up flights, you can fly JFK to LAX or MIA that weekend for 24K miles round trip (earning you 500 miles back for the nonstop flights). The 250 miles per flight should also count per flight segment, so you can really make the mile rebate stretch if you book award flights that have a stop on each leg.
Full terms and conditions below as per American’s email about the bonus offer:
- Register by 11:59 p.m. CT on October 7, 2020, and before creating a flight reservation, redeeming miles and traveling in order for your award flights to count toward this promotion
- Your AAdvantage number must be included in your flight reservation for your travel to count
- Promotion miles can only be credited to the account of the ticketed passenger
- If booking tickets for another traveler, they must also register for this promotion during the registration window and before creating a reservation to be eligible for this promotion
- Offer applies to eligible award flights with a reservation created and booked between the day you register and October 31, 2020
- You must register for the promotion prior to putting a flight on hold for that reservation to count
- Eligible flights must be flown between October 1, 2020, and October 31, 2020
- Award flights must be marketed by American Airlines and operated by American Airlines or American Eagle
- Non-flight awards, including upgrade awards, aren’t eligible for this promotion
- Award flights ticketed before registration aren’t eligible for the promotion
- You’ll earn 250 promotion award miles for each eligible flight once it posts to your account
- You can earn up to 2,000 promotion award miles for this promotion
- Miles are subject to the standard AAdvantage program terms and conditions
- American may, at any time and without notice, change, stop or end this promotion in part or in full
Follow Vee Travels on Twitter and Instagram: @VeeTravels
‘Like’ and follow Vee Travels on Facebook
Posted on September 16, 2020, in Travel, Travel Tips and tagged Airline, American Airlines, Flight, Travel. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment